Waiting on Wednesday (September 5)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted byBreaking the Spine, where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Mind Games by Kiersten White.

Mind Games
Kiersten White
Series: Mind Games, #1
Release Date: Feburary 19th, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Number of Pages: 256

Add to Goodreads
Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 

Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways… or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.

In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.
Honestly, I would buy this book for the cover alone, but luckily, along with the cover, we're given with an awesome and thoroughly intriguing synopsis. I'm getting an X-Men vibe from the synopsis, but X-Men vibes can never be a bad thing, right? With the exception of Glitch. I definitely can't wait to read Mind Games, and I hope it's as amazing as the synopsis suggests! Unfortunately, it's released in 2013, so in the meantime I'll be stalking the Edelweiss catalogs in hopes to see this book there. 

What are you waiting on?

Leave a link in the comments!

6 comments :

  1. This one sounds awesome. I'm going to add it to my goodreads. The colors on the cover are pretty. Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Great pick, Blythe! :-) I would definitely buy this for the cover alone, but the synopsis sounds amazing.

    (I agree about Glitch. What a horrible book!)

    Hope you're having a fabulous day, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't heard of it but I'm adding it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the Paranormalcy series, so I can't wait to try out another book from this author! :D And the promise sound great.

    Take a look at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! This one sounds awesome! And I totally love the cover! :D
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick for this week! Thanks for spotlighting it! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!