Review (Eh..): Ultraviolet by RJ Anderson


Ultraviolet
RJ Anderson
Series: Ultraviolet, #1
Release Date: June 2nd, 2011
Publisher: Orchard
Number of Pages: 410
Source: Bought
Rating 5 of 5 stars

Add to Goodreads
Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.

This is not her story.

Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison’s condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can’t explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori—the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that’s impossible. Right?

This book and I are eloping. It's settled and there's nothing you can do to stop it. No, seriously. We've planned the eloping and everything. Go find another book to elope with. Ultraviolet is mine. Forever and ever. But not in a creepy way, or anything like that... *awkward laugh*

It's been three days still I finished Ultraviolet, and I still cannot think coherently. Honestly, it's a miracle I can form full sentences at this point. If my incoherency, eloping, or rating weren't a clear indication, I love this book. A lot, actually. Does it have its problems? Of course. Every book has its problems. Do I care? No.

I will tiptoe very, very lightly around writing this synopsis, because I'm afraid anything in this book can be a spoiler. Actually, I don't trust myself writing a synopsis for Ultraviolet. All you need to know is that it's about a young teenager named Alison who is convicted of killing a girl in her school by disintegrating her with her mind, and she is currently in a mental hospital. Then things happen.

"Then things happen." Man, I have such a way with words.


Aaaaanyway, I should really start wrapping up this review, or whatever I should call this, so that you don't have to suffer through any more of my incoherency.

The bottom line is this: Ultraviolet is a thoroughly brilliant novel, and it is gorgeously written. As for the problems I mentioned earlier, sure, this book has some. For starters, it has an unnecessary romance that could be taken as insta-love, and Alison and her love interest are saying their 'I love you's' not long after they meet. Normally that would be more than enough for a book to lose a star for in my rating system, but I honestly can't make myself give Ultraviolet any less than five stars. It's not a perfect book, but it's perfect for me, and I sincerely hope it is the same for you as well. But don't love this book too much, because we've eloped and that could cause some problems.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!