Showcase Sunday (11)

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki atBooks, Biscuits, and Tea, where we showcase what books we've gotten throughout the course of the week, whether it be from a book store, bought for your eReader, received from the library, or from the publishers for review.

For Review: 


 

Received from Friend:



Bought: 



I'm not really sure what to think of the books the I received this week. Honestly, I think it's safe to say that the only book I'm actually looking forward to reading that I got this week is Venom. If I had gotten Beta and Dark Star a few months ago, I would have been ecstatic, but now, I'm just underwhelmed, considering they've both gotten fairly negative reviews from friends of mine, especially Beta. I don't know. We'll see. If anything, I'll pass on Beta and Dark Star and host a giveaway for them soon. And as for The Casual Vacancy, well... I think we all know the reason I bought that. The book itself sounds incredibly dull and boring, but... JK ROWLING!!

What did you get this week? 

Leave a link in the comments!

2 comments :

  1. I have Beta too! I'm vet underwhelmed about it at the moment too, which is too bad. I try to stay away from reviews because now I know that I'm going into it already feeling rather negative. I know Christina from A Reader of Fictions had a positive review of it, and I tend to agree with her, so I'm only thinking of her review! LOL I hope you enjoy your new goodies chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Beta and really kind of liked it. I'm honestly not quite sure still. I liked her writing style and the sort of humor it had. The ending, however, made me headdesk. Of course, some reviewers only liked it at the end, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!