Showcase Sunday (1)


Hi, and welcome to my first week of Showcase Sunday! Considering I don't actually get books physically in the mailbox (I read on my Kindle), this is where I will post the books I've either received from publishers, the library, or books that I've bought in the week.  

Galleys

Let's start the first Showcase Sunday off with a book I'm extremely excited about, Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


I've been dying to read this book for a while now, and when I was told that it was on NetGalley, I requested it right away and stalked my email until I was approved. Thank you very much, St. Martin's Press!



I'm really looking forward to starting this, because it sounds pretty awesome (zombies and steampunk?), and it's gotten an excellent review from a friend of mine (check out her blog!). When I first requested this on Edelweiss, I was sadly rejected, but I tried again and was surprisingly accepted the second time, so I really can't wait to start this. 

Also in my mailbox this week is Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock.


While this has gotten some mixed reviews from friends of mine, I'm still really excited to start this. It sounds like it could be awesome, and the cover is gorgeous (but so are the covers of the other two books I posted). But this cover... I'm in love with it. 

Well, that's it for books from NetGalley and Edelweiss, but there's still the books that I got from the library, and the books that I bought!

Library Books

This week, I got the first two books in the Fallen series by Lauren Kate (Fallen and Torment).

These two books have gotten... Well... They've gotten pretty (okay, really) bad reviews from some Goodreads friends of mine, and I just had to see what was so horrible about it. I'm in no real rush to read these, but eventually I will, and see if it really is as big of a train-wreck as my friends say it is. 

Along with Fallen and Torment, I also got Across the Universe by Beth Revis from the library. 


This has also gotten mixed reviews from Goodreads friends of mine, but most of its reviews were generally favorable, so I'm looking forward to reading it. The only problem I can think of is that I'm not a very big science fiction fan, but I'm hoping that won't take away from my enjoyment in the story. 

Now onto the books I bought. 

Bought Books

I'm really excited to read the two books I bought this week, because they've both gotten really good reviews from friends, and they both sound pretty freaking awesome. 

The first book I bought this week is Cinder by Marissa Meyer.


Cinder has gotten amazing reviews from most of my friends, and, come on. A cyborg Cinderella? That sounds awesome. I plan to start this really soon and I can't wait. 

The second book I bought this week is Incarnate by Jodi Meadows


This is another book I can't wait to read. It sounds really awesome (a world where people get reincarnated over and over, except for one girl, so she tries to discover why, and if she'll ever be reincarnated, or die unlike everyone else), so I'm really looking forward to it. This is another cover I'm obsessed with... It's sooo gorgeous. 

Well, that's it for Showcase Sunday #1, thanks for reading! If you're interested in reading more of my Showcase Sundays, I'll try and post them every Sunday (obviously :P). Feel free to comment what books you got in your mailbox this week in the comment section below!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!