Waiting on Wednesday - NIL

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is NIL by Lynne Matson.

NIL
Lynne Matson
Series: None
Release Date: March 4th, 2014
Publisher: Macmillan
Waited on by: Blythe

Add to Goodreads

On the mysterious island of Nil, the rules are set. You have exactly 365 days to escape—or you die.

Seventeen-year-old Charley doesn’t know the rules. She doesn’t even know where she is. The last thing she remembers is blacking out, and when she wakes up, she’s naked in an empty rock field.

Lost and alone, Charley finds no sign of other people until she meets Thad, the gorgeous leader of a clan of teenage refugees. Soon Charley learns that leaving the island is harder than she thought . . . and so is falling in love. With Thad’s time running out, Charley realizes that she has to find a way to beat the clock, and quickly.

This sounds pretty damn awesome. Kind of like Survivor meets The Hunger Games, no? I know you all are probably sick of things being compared to THG and being pitched as "x meets y" but Survivor meets The Hunger Games sounds pretty accurate. The only thing that scares me a bit about this one is the last paragraph of the synopsis, which mentions "gorgeous" Thad, and falling in love with him. I hope it's not insta-love. Oh, please don't be insta-love. 

What are you waiting on?

 Leave a link in the comments!

14 comments :

  1. This really sounds interesting, mysterious island and a survival story seems like something I'd love.

    Here’s my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of this before, but it sounds really good. I think I might add it to my tbr :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, I can't believe I haven't heard of this one. It sounds like something I'd love! Adding it to my TBR now :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this one either! Sounds a bit like Maze Runner to me too. Thinking I'll add it to the TBR and then see what some of the early reviews are like--I am nervous with the genre since I've read some really bad ones.

    My Friends Are Fiction's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds amazing! It probably is going to be insta-love though. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I'm really excited for this one! I'll admit to being a big Survivor junkie so I can't wait to see how that aspect plays out in this one. I'm with you though... please please please no insta-love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds amazing! I wants to read it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I've actually read the synopsis for this one and it sounds fabulous. I will definitely be checking it out although I hope it's not insta-love too. Great pick!

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a brilliant read Blythe, I get why you could be a little wary about it, but I really do hope it lives up to your expectations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, I cannot wait to read NIL as well! I really want HHC to bless me with an ARC... fat chance of that happening! I've never gotten anything from them. I hope this book is awesome! All the way in March :o

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I AM SO WITH YOU ON EVERYTHING YOU SAID. I was going to comment on how this one sounds like pure awesomeness minus the "gorgeous" Thad part, but you beat me to the chase. And I actually don't mind that many comparisons to the Hunger Games as long as there's something else there to propel the book (despite marketing habits, the book has some of its own unique elements to keep my attention). Being naked in an empty rock field does remind me of Survivor and the island part reminds me of Catching Fire and its "ticking clock"...

    Anyway, here's to hoping the book DOES NOT include insta-love and meets both of our expectations :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hope there is no insta-love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard anything about this book before now, but OMG it sounds good. I hope the romance is good. For some reason the premise kind of reminds me of The Maze Runner, only totally different (I just contradicted myself but whatever). I also really adore the cover so I'd probably read it for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks terrifying to me-I would have to see a lot of good reviews of it before I'd pick it up just because it's not really my typical kind of read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!