Waiting on Wednesday - The Fall by Bethany Griffin

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is The Fall by Bethany Griffin.


The Fall
Bethany Griffin
Series: Standalone?
Released: October 7th, 2014
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Waited on by Blythe

Add to Goodreads

Madeline Usher is doomed.

She has spent her life fighting fate, and she thought she was succeeding. Until she woke up in a coffin.

Ushers die young. Ushers are cursed. Ushers can never leave their house, a house that haunts and is haunted, a house that almost seems to have a mind of its own. Madeline’s life—revealed through short bursts of memory—has hinged around her desperate plan to escape, to save herself and her brother. Her only chance lies in destroying the house.

In the end, can Madeline keep her own sanity and bring the house down? The Fall is a literary psychological thriller, reimagining Edgar Allan Poe’s classic The Fall of the House of Usher.


Another Poe retelling by Bethany Griffin? Hell yes! Count me in. I was definitely a fan of Griffin's Masque of the Red Death duology, and am so excited to see what she does with The Fall of the House of Usher. Her Masque books were atmospheric but not quite creepy, but this sounds like it will be both and I can't wait

What are you waiting on?

Leave a link in the comments!

7 comments :

  1. Love the sounds of this, I saw this other day and had to add it. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very creepy. I'm up for anything inspired by Poe. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely creepy and probably awesome. Enjoy! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge Poe fan so of course I'm going to be trying this one. That cover is super creepy too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Poe, so yea, this is going down on my list of "most anticipating"
    I'm eager for Edgar's retelling ;)
    check out my WoW at Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!