Ch-Ch-Changes (turn and face the strain...)

NOTE: The second part of the title for this blog post is mostly irrelevant, but I began to write 'changes', and consequently started singing Changes, and then that blog post title happened. So really I regret nothing. 
Hi there. Have you noticed anything different around here? (I certainly hope so...) For starters, I'd definitely like to apologize for my complete and utter lack of posts lately. I really wish I had a good reason for not posting, but the real reason is I got behind on reading, took what I had initially planned to be a short hiatus, got used to being on hiatus, and couldn't muster the energy to get back into blogging on a regular basis. But I've mustered that energy! I think. 

Second, NEW BLOG DESIGN! How do you like it? I'm not done making tweaks, but I really like it. I've always wanted a blog with a clean look, and while I think my previous design definitely had a clean interface, I adore white blogs, and the look of WordPress blogs, so I got both of that with this new blog design! BUT, all my comments have been deleted. *cries* One thing I had planned to do on hiatus was to catch up on blog commenting (which I really needed to do. Really), and now I won't be able to do that, but I'll try to find a way! I promise that!

ALSO, another change that may take place around here: you may see a new face on this blog in just a little bit. In case you missed it, I announced that I'm now searching for a co-blogger or guest reviewer, and I'm appreciative beyond words by all of the people who have shown their interest in joining the Finding Bliss in Books family (consisting of only me--so far...). The search may only go on for one more week, maybe two, so if you're interested in blogging with me and haven't applied yet, please do so! Thank you to all who have applied so far, and good luck! 

So, I hope you all like the new blog design, and let me know in the comments what you think about it! (And hopefully it'll take you a shorter time to recuperate from the change than me. I expect to be lost on my own blog for quite a while.)

24 comments :

  1. Love the new look!!!! It's fun, and bright without being overpowering! Does that make sense?? It does in my head. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you love it. And I totally get what you mean. :D

      Delete
  2. As a fan of simple white or gray blogs, I definitely love the new look! It makes it look neat and clean without too much effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a fan of simple white or gray blogs as well.

      Delete
  3. As someone who changed their blog to a cleaner & white-ish look I definitely approve, love the simplicity! I'm recommitting to blogging myself so hooray for finding energy where we thought there was none? Idk. Rambling! Can't wait to read your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the simplicity of the look, too. And hooray for recommitting to blogging! *high five*

      Delete
  4. Love the new layout. I love the white and pink thing going on, it's so cute yet classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute new blog! I dig it! Also David Bowie is the man! I love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad. :) And yes! Tuuuurn and face the strain ch-ch-chaaangessss.

      Delete
  6. Love the new blog design, Blythe! It looks nice and clean and the pop of pink just adds something fun to it. I don't blame you about the hiatus thing. I kinda got stuck in one of my own as well and I'm slowly crawling my way back up scheduling and writing posts and what it. Hope you have an easier time than I do. Can't wait to start reading your posts again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Thank you, Katrina! I thought the same thing about the design and how the pink added a layer of fun to it, and I'm glad some of my readers seem to think that as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Really loving the new design! Love the simplicity of it and your menu buttons are awesome. :) Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new layout. It's really easy on the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I love the new design! It's definitely really clean and professional :) I hope you get used to it soon, but oh no about the comments! You had IntenseDebate right? If you reinstall it into this template, the comments should reappear (they're saved on the IntenseDebate database). Unless you just don't want IntenseDebate anymore, haha.

    Anyway, I love it! And good luck finding a co-blogger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! I agree. :) And I'm definitely taking quicker to get used to it than I had initially expected. And yes, I installed IntenseDebate, but I ended up uninstalling it because the main reason I installed it in the first place was so that I can respond to comments, which I am able to do on this template now, and while I love IntenseDebate, it didn't show how many comments I got in the little box in the top left corner of the post, which I wanted. (I'm very picky.) ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I totally understand. The comment counter on my blog also just wouldn't cooperate, and I ended up having to go through the coding with a fine toothed comb to fix it, haha. I love the look of the replies on your template now :)

      Delete
  10. Ohh it's so pretty!!! I really like it. I have been thinking about getting a guest blogger or something for my blog, but then I decide not to. It would really make things a little easier. I have been super behind lately too. I hope that you will be back in full soon. I miss you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love clean layouts like this one, Blythe! Also HI. I went on vacation so I was on hiatus for awhile from social media/etc and now I feel so out of the loop. Have missed chatting with you. I hope you find an AWESOME co-blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blog re-designs! This one is especially pretty - white and grey is so clean and easy to read, and the pink adds a nice splash of color!

    Here's hoping you find one amazing co-blogger :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort
    berners lemonade strain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!