Showcase Sunday (35)


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicki at Books, Biscuits, and Tea, where we showcase what books we've gotten over the course of the week, whether it be from a book store, bought for your eReader, received from the library, or from the publishers for review.

For Review:





Loud Awake and Lost: I really don't know much about this one (you may have noticed that I'm not much of a synopsis ready--far too lazy for that), but based on the cover and what I've gathered from skimming the synopsis, this one sounds really mysterious! Books dealing with memory loss don't have much of a great reputation in YA, but I think this one could defy that memory loss stigma. Thanks, Knopf!

The Program: Reading this right now and oooooh myyyyy gooddddddd. So good. So. good. I can't. Thanks, Simon Pulse!

The Language Inside: So this one is huge. But it's told in verse, which is normally a turnoff for me, but this has gotten good reviews, and is set in Japan, so why not give it a chance? Thanks, Delacorte!

Fangirl: This will be my first Rainbow Rowell novel. *ducks from flying object* I PROMISE I'LL READ ELEANOR & PARK SOON, GUYS. Anyway, this one sounds fun. I've never read or written fan-fiction, nor do I know who Simon Snow is *ducks from another flying object*, but I'm going into this one with high hopes. Thanks, St. Martin's Press!

All Our Pretty Songs: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thanks, St. Martin's Griffin! 

Truly, Madly, Deadly: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love stalker books. Love. How that reflects upon my character is up for debate (it means I'm a stalker), but hot damn I'm excited for this one. Thanks, Sourcebooks! 


What I read this week: 



Tandem by Anna Jarzab, 3.5 stars

Pre-review posted here, but if you don't want to click on that, I thought this was a great parallel universe novel with a fascinating, creative, and original twist on parallel universes. However, it met a dip in pacing towards the middle, and the world-building was slightly less than sufficient. 

The Program by Suzanne Young, currently reading

OH MAAAH GAWWWDD. Review to likely be posted tomorrow.

What did you get this week? 
Leave a comment letting me know!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!