Waiting on Wednesday (October 24)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett.
 The Midnight Affair
Mindee Arnett
Series: Unknown
Release Date: March 5th, 2013
Publisher: Tor Teen
Number of Pages: 352

Add to Goodreads
Sixteen-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare.

Literally.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy, is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder.


Then Eli's dream comes true.

Now Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

I have a feeling that this book was written with me in mind. Despite the fact that I in no way have ever interacted with Mindee Arnett before, I just know that when she sat down to write The Nightmare Affair, she sat down thinking, "Okay. So somewhere in the world, there's a Blythe Harris, and I am writing this book exclusively for her, because she will love it." I mean, come on, the evidence is pretty glaring. A person who is literally a nightmare? Who goes to a magic boarding school? And there's a murder mystery? 

Don't fight it. This book was written with me and mind and you know it. So thank you, Mindee, for writing this book with me in mind. I appreciate it. But I'd appreciate it just a bit more if I can, you know, somehow obtain an ARC. I mean, no pressure or anything. (Definitely pressure.)

WHO SAID THAT?
Not me... 

What are you waiting on? 

Leave a link in the comments!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!