Today's Releases (October 23)


  


  


This may be a small release day selection, but despite that, I am happy, solely because of The Evolution of Mara Dyer. Yeah, I know. I disliked the first book. This series and I have an odd relationship - I loved the plot and general creepiness of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, but what I didn't like was the romance between the two main characters, Mara and Noah, and how it bogged down the plot that I loved. However, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer ends with quite possibly one of my favorite endings in young-adult, and, for me, one of the most shocking. It is one of the few times I'll be able to look part the fact that the ending was a massive cliffhanger, just because I loved it so much, and because there just has to be an awesome and more plot-focused sequel to follow. And that is why I will most likely be reading The Evolution of Mara Dyer as you are reading this post. And then of course there is The Lost Prince, which I loved with a passion. But I won't be touching Finale with a ten-foot-pole, and I wish I didn't even touch Blind Spot with a ten-foot-pole, because that book only infuriated me. Which of today's releases will you be getting today? Leave a comment letting me know, and also leave a comment letting me know if you ever read a book where you loved the plot but hated the romance, which unfortunately took over the plot, and which book that was. And, of course, happy reading! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!