Waiting on Wednesday (August 8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger.

Let the Sky Fall
Shannon Messenger
Series: Let the Sky Fall, #1
Release Date: March 5th, 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Number of Pages: 416

Add to Goodreads
Vane Weston should have died in the category five tornado that killed his parents. Instead, he woke up in a pile of rubble with no memories of his past—except one: a beautiful, dark-haired girl standing in the winds. She's swept through his dreams ever since, and he clings to the hope that she's real.

Audra is real, but she isn't human. She's a sylph, an air elemental who can walk on the wind, translate its alluring songs, even twist it into a weapon. She's also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect him at all costs.

When a hasty mistake reveals their location to the enemy who murdered both of their families, Audra has just days to help Vane unlock his memories. And as the storm winds gather, they start to realize the greatest danger might not be the warriors coming to destroy them, but the forbidden romance growing between them.

Set amongst the desert airstreams of Coachella Valley in California, LET THE SKY FALL is about two teenagers broken by their pasts, divided by their futures, and bound by love.
Why am I looking forward to this (and quite immensely), you might ask? Well, for starters, the cover is absolutely stunning. It's the first and foremost reason I checked this book out to begin with. Now, I'm guilty of skimming a synopsis, or skipping it all together, if the cover is pretty. I'm lazy like that. (Ironic how I can spend my time reading a full length book, but not on a short synopsis, no?) However, I did read the synopsis for this - in full, no skimming, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The synopsis is absolutely amazing (read it. Right there - above. Tell me it's not amazing.) So it's a good thing now that I know what this book is actually about, and have both the plot and cover to lure me into reading this, but now my anticipation for this book is extreme, and it's release in 2013. Not good. That's quite a few months of me pining over this book. So, there. That's why I'm anticipating this book. That, and tornadoes just fascinate me. 

What are you waiting on? 

Link me up in the comments!


11 comments :

  1. Ha! The kiddos at my library are very excited for this one! We've already been talking about it :)

    Check out what I'm Waiting on and enter for a gift card giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about it last week and I'm very excited for it! I'll go check out your WoW right now! :) Thanks for checking mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, wow! The cover sure is stunning, and the synopsis sounds very good. I'll make sure to keep my eyes open for this one!
    Thanks so much for sharing! Happy reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, D! I agree, the cover is stunning, and I am in love with it. Shannon Messenger's other books also sound very good, so it looks like she's an author to watch out for. I'll check out your WoW right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds great and the yes! the cover is gorgeous! Awesome pick.
    This is my WoW of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyn & Kate: Thanks! I'll check out your WoW pick right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. I absolutely love the cover as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--thank you so much for featuring LTSF! <333!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome, Shannon! Thank you very much for stopping by my blog! I so can't wait to read Let the Sky Fall, it sounds absolutely amazing and I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for an ARC. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!