Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Hellhole by Gina Damico.
Released: January 6th, 2015
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Waited on by: Ellis
A devil is a bad influence . . .
There was a time when geeky, squeaky-clean Max Kilgore would never lie or steal or even think about murder. Then he accidentally unearths a devil, and Max’s choices are no longer his own. The big red guy has a penchant for couch surfing and junk food—and you should never underestimate evil on a sugar high.
With the help of Lore, a former goth girl who knows a thing or two about the dark side, Max is racing against the clock to get rid of the houseguest from hell before time, and all the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos this side of the fiery abyss, run out.
Gina Damico, author of the Croak series, once again delivers all the horror, hilarity, and high-stakes drama that any kid in high school or hell could ever handle.
- it will be hilarious, which will give me the impression Gina Damico doesn't, in fact, have a mean streak. LIES.
- I will get 300% too invested, which can only mean terrible things will happen to the characters I love most.
- these characters I will become hopelessly attached to will have a signature food they're obsessed with. As a result of that I'll have to avoid even more aisles when I go buy groceries because the getting misty over Oreos thing is getting a bit embarrassing. You know what you did, Gina.
- when the inevitably painful ending punches me in the feels and cracks my heart once again, I will not want to be around people because HOW DARE THEY BE HAPPY.
- it is not about Lex and Driggs, and while I miss those two on a daily basis, these past few days have been especially unbearable since I'm read Cruel Beauty and Nyx and Ignifex have a strong Lex/Driggs vibe going on.
- it will be followed by a big-ass reading slump because nothing could possibly live up to the epicness that is this story.