Waiting on Wednesday - Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater.


Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Raven Cycle, #3
Released: October 28th, 2014
Publisher: Scholastic
Waited on by: Ellis

Add to Goodreads

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.



Fun thing: this post has been in the draft folder for months, because I was waiting for a decent synopsis AND IT'S FINALLY HERE. And it pretty much convinces me of what I already know: everything will be terrible. Honestly, that last paragraph could as well have been:

Gansey dies.
Pynch won't happen.
Gansey dies.
Gansey dies.

But then there's this glorious line about "certainties will unravel" and I'm very much hoping that she's speaking The Certainty that has tortured me for months now, but then again I remember that this is Maggie and she'll probably make everything terrible and I love it but I also hate it.

I'm so excited. 

And if you have no idea why, there's this Raven Cycle (re)readathon happening in August and you should all join in on the fun and pain. You'll thank/hate me later. 

4 comments :

  1. Give it to me give it give it give itttt

    SHUT UP GANSEY DOES NOT DIE SHUT UP

    Oh kanye we won't survive this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gansey Must not DIE! We feared for GRACE at "Wolves of Mercy Falls" and everything worked well in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started this series yet but your enthusiasm is catching. ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read the first two books and I really want to know what happens in the end, but... I'm not sure I want to read any more of the books. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like there's very little plot in each book. I almost didn't finish The Dream Thieves because I was just so bored!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!