Waiting on Wednesday - The Young Elites

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is The Young Elites by Marie Lu.


The Young Elites
Marie Lu
Series: The Young Elites, #1
Released: October 7th, 2014
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Waited on by: Ellis

Add to Goodreads

"Some hate us, think us criminals to hang at the gallows. Some fear us, think us demons to burn at the stake. Some worship us, think us divine children of the gods. 

But all know us."

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood plague: marked by a jagged scar, snow-white hair and lashes. Cast out by her family, Adelina has finally found a place to belong within the secret society of Young Elites. 

To some, the Elites are heroes, here to save innocents in desperate situations. But to the Inquisition Axis, the white-robed soldiers of Kenettra, they are monsters with demonic powers who must be brought to justice. 

As Adelina learns more about this perilous world where politics and magic clash, she soon realizes that her own powers may be in danger of bringing on an era of panic such as the world has never seen.



So the Legend series didn't end great for me, but my track record with firsts in a series is excellent when it comes to Marie Lu books. Yup. Let that sink in for a moment. Even with all that, my hopes for The Young Elites are ridiculously high. High Fantasy? YES. Secret societies? MOAR YES. Women warriors? HELL YES ALL THE YES. I really do want this in my hands ASAP. 

I'm also waiting on a better cover. Sorry, but it's bad, especially when you made the entire internet drool with this inspiration board

3 comments :

  1. I kind of like the cover. It's not the best I've ever seen, but it's not as bad as others. And I still need to read the Legend series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to get my hands on this. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who despises the cover! I really believed it was a placeholder when I first saw it. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read all her books. This one sounds really awesome though!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!