Waiting on Wednesday - Hexed

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Hexed by Michelle Krys.


Hexed
Michelle Krys
Series: The Witch Hunter, #1
Released: June 10th, 2014
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Waited on by: Ellis

Add to Goodreads

If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won’t stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dusty old family Bible her mom is freakishly possessive of is stolen. But it’s when a frustratingly sexy stranger named Bishop enters Indie’s world that she learns her destiny involves a lot more than pom-poms and parties. If she doesn’t get the Bible back, every witch on the planet will die. And that’s seriously bad news for Indie, because according to Bishop, she’s a witch too.

Suddenly forced into a centuries-old war between witches and sorcerers, Indie’s about to uncover the many dark truths about her life—and a future unlike any she ever imagined on top of the cheer pyramid.


My entire life, I have been on a quest. The goal is to become a boss-ass witch. Seeing as how that is highly improbable, I have turned to escapism. If I can't get my witches in real life, I'll find them in fiction. Then Charmed ended. The Secret Life was cancelled. Same for Eastwick. Bonnie became irrelevant as fuck on The Vampire Diaries. (Thanks for that, writers. Character assassination is always appreciated. No, really, you shouldn't have. You really shouldn't have.) The Originals is still doing fairly well. 

But almost every witch book I've ever read has been a disappointment, save for the Doran series by Monica Furlong, which was a formative childhood experience. I want this book because witches are:

a) awesome
b) badass
c) a gift from the universe
d) an inspiration to all
e) all of the above

It's E. The right answer is E. You'd better have said E. 

So, you know, Hexed, no pressure or anything. You just kind of have to restore my faith in Young Adult witch books. I'm sure you're capable. 

Ha, "the dusty old family Bible." Right. A Bible. I'm sure that's what it is.

What are you waiting on?

Leave a link in the comments!

7 comments :

  1. House of Ivy & Sorrow was an excellent witch book. You should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'll think about it.

      Delete
  2. I am reading House of Ivy & Sorrow right now and it is good so far. I like the sounds of this one too. I am a sucker for a good witch book. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost every witch book I think I've read has been pretty disappointing too. DUDE Monica Furlong's series is the shit. I loved that when I was a kid. I never read the third one though, I wasn't even aware of its existence. ANYWAYS, Hexted does look pretty awesome. Will have to give it a shot! Fingers crossed for awesome witchy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I'm waiting on this one too, witch books never seem to be any good so I have high hopes for this one :) Off to check out Monica Furlong's series as that somehow passed me by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I feel the same way. I absolutely LOVE books that have Witches but I cannot remember the last time I read one that I absolutely loved. I am pretty sure it was recent but I cannot seem to remember. Anyway have you tried the Hex-Hall series? :)

    (and yes.. no pressure, Hexed, it's not like we're counting on you to impress us or anything)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of witch books either, but I'm actually really looking forward to reading Hexed! I also can't wait for Sweet Reckoning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!