Waiting on Wednesday - To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.


To All The Boys I've Loved Before
Jenny Han
Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before, #1
Released: April 15th, 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Waited on by: Ellis

Add to Goodreads

What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them...all at once?

Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only.

Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.



I have a rocky relationship with contemporaries, in that I'm either all about them or don't even want to look at them because they've disappointed me so much. It's all very dramatic. Anyhoo. In honour of this book's fabulous title, I've made a small list of things I've loved before that make me think I'll love this book just as much.

1. What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them...all at once?

This sounds like some Ruby Oliver hijinks so naturally I want this. I originally thought To All The Boys I've Loved Before was going to be a standalone but turns out it will be a series. I am excite. This has Ruby Oliver, Jessica Darling and Georgia Nicolson written all over it. I'm game.


2. Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. (...) Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.

So while this definitely has some Ruby Oliver flavour to it as well, this mainly reminds me of old school One Tree Hill times. In particular, that time when Brooke wrote Lucas (ew, Lucas) a box of letters and hid them under her bed and then someone (can't remember who) mailed them to him, I think. I don't know. All I remember is Brooke, because real talk, she was running that show. 


And that's really all the reason I need, because this sounds adorable, the cover is all kinds of perfection and this title treatment is so gorgeous I think the cover designer deserves a promotion based on that alone.

What are you waiting on?

Leave a link in the comments!

9 comments :

  1. I remember this one time in primary school I brought my diary to school (I have no idea why...probably got tricked into it because I was so naive) and then someone stole it and read it and it was passed around about the guy I had a crush on. Oh it was so humiliating!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, this book does sound adorable! It's a book I'm interested in too, it sounds cute, it sounds emotional and it doesn't sound too cheesy, so that's great! :D

    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I was watching Bookables on Youtube (Heather, I love her) and she mentioned this book which is why it is also a book I am anticipating! So NICE PICK!!! ♥
    Check out my WoW @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big contemp fan so I've been waiting on this one for a while-I like your list of reasons to be interested in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My love for The Summer I Turned Pretty series makes me excited to read another Jenny Han book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same relationship with contemporary novels but like you I really like the sound of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loved all of Jenny's previous books, so knew I had to pre-order this! It has such a fun and charming vibe about it. I hope this book ends up being as one of the better contemporary reads for you this year. Brilliant pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The concept sounds adorable! Definitely adding this to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!